HONEYWELL TO DEMONSTRATE TECHNOLOGIES SHAPING THE FUTURE OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AT A+A 2019
18 October 2019
· Company to demonstrate new innovations in hardware and software to include fixed and portable wireless gas detection, intelligent hearing protection, and other personal protective equipment
· Product demonstrations point the way to enhanced safety, productivity gains for oil and gas, pertrochemical, utilities and other hazardous industries
Honeywell (Hall 4 / D57 – F60 at A+A) has announced innovative new developments in safety gear and software on display at the A+A International Trade Fair November 5-8, 2019. The company will demonstrate how real-time intelligence collected from new, connected gas detection technologies and smart personal protective equipment can drive new safety, productivity and bottom line gains for companies in oil and gas, petrochemical, utilities and other rugged industries.
Honeywell Safety Products will display its integrated plant-wide safety solutions, which include a head-to-toe offering of PPE that improves compliance processes, fixed and portable gas detectors that convey worker status and location, wearable biometric and threat detection monitors and intelligent hearing protection. The company will showcase VeriShield Smart Hearing Solution, an innovative headset and software package that offers real-time monitoring of noise levels and ability to reduce noise levels in the headset when unsafe levels are detected.
The Verishield will be included in a display featuring the “Possibilities of Connectivity.” The themed presentation will highlight the full range of connectivity possible through Wi-Fi, BluetoothTM, mesh, GPS and other networks. Attendees will be shown key safety and productivity benefits of having real-time connectivity while minimizing the expense, distraction and safety risks associated with a mobile phone. The deployment of innovative solutions that integrate smart voice technology and wearable technology with predictive analytics can help prevent an incident before it occurs.
Honeywell’s IoT enabled technology can integrate workers, assets and processes in a way that greatly enhances safety while increasing worker productivity and reducing errors. Attendees to the Honeywell booth will find practical solutions for some of the biggest challenges facing safety managers today — from addressing compliance issues and general safety to improving productivity in high-risk industries.
Honeywell’s comprehensive range of gas detection and personal protective equipment on display will include:
· BW RigRat – a new, transportable gas detector with wireless and GPS options, simultaneous protection from up to seven gases, optional noise and weather sensors, and multiple input/output possibilities.
· MicroRAE Narrowband-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) – a new way to transfer real time data from Honeywell MicroRAE portable gas detectors via telecom infrastructure without a need for a middle device like a smart phone. This solution is designed for lone worker applications.
· Bluetooth-enabled profiles for Honeywell MicroRAE and MultiRAE portable wireless gas monitors. The solution pairs gas monitors with third party BLE-enabled devices to transfer real time gas data via the existing data transmission infrastructure of these devices; for example, using wireless data transmission infrastructure of Motorola walkie-talkies to transfer gas data.
· PolyGard®2 – a fixed gas detection controller for Honeywell Sensepoint XCL and XRL gas detectors and ideal for commercial and light industrial applications.
· Touchpoint™ Plus – a new wireless controller that supports up to 16 channels of gas detection.
· Meshguard Stainless Steel -- a new wireless gas detector with six-month continuous runtime.
· Ultimate™ Footwear — new line of lightweight, comfort-focused, metal-free industrial safety shoes featuring a new toecap design that is 50% lighter than metal to help reduce job fatigue.
· CoreShieldTM – a new line of industrial work gloves with seven models, each with its own distinctive color that easily matches with the correct level of cut-resistance required by new EN/ANSI standards. Coreshield makes it easy for safety managers to achieve safety compliance in hand protection gear without sacrificing on durability: each model is woven with a lightweight, high-strength yarn developed by Honeywell.
· Rig Dog™ gloves – an award-winning line of gloves developed to provide cut- and impact-resistant performance for workers in the oil and gas, manufacturing and other industries.
· Combisafe® lightweight barrier -- a flexible barrier system with a variety of attachments that make it suitable for use on the ground or at-height, for any stage of a construction project.
· Turbolite Edge Self-Retracting Lifeline system – a personal fall limiter designed for edge-related applications in construction, industrial, or wind power, serving applications requiring foot-level tie-off or work near edges.
For more information, please visit: www.honeywell.com